Warehouse Material Handler
As an integral member of the Swiftships Warehouse Department, you will be tasked as a Warehouse Material Handler. Warehouse Helper ensures the smooth functioning of the warehouse. This is critical to the company because of the schedule-driven production environment. You will track all material entering and leaving the warehouse. You will monitor inventory levels and notify Warehouse Manager of and deficiencies or inaccuracies. Through work, shifts may vary due to the nature of a given assignment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist incoming Materials Manager in all receiving functions including unloading delivery trucks
- Ensure that incoming items are received, and stored according to the company’s protocol
- Assist the Outgoing Material Manager in all shipping and freight forwarding
- Ensures the outgoing items are issued according to the company’s protocols
- Assist in accurately pulling pick-ticket material from storage and moving to packing areas
- Handle packing activities such as putting items in boxes or crates and labeling them correctly
- Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks
- Ensures overall security of the warehouse
- Mop, sweep, return equipment to its assigned place, and perform basic maintenance to keep the facility clean and safe
- Education: High School Diploma
- 1 year of warehousing/supply chain management experience
- Certified Forklift Operator
- Competent reading, writing, and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with U.S. or foreign government personnel
- Knowing Microsoft Office programs, such as Word Outlook, and Excel.
Involves exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work
Lifting Heavy Objects:
Lift/push/pull 50lbs. to 75lbs. on an occasional basis
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Bending legs at knees to come rest on knee or knees
Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
Performs prolonged standing.
Repetitive moments of elbows (handling):
Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hands using the whole arm.
Ascending and descending ladder, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
Forward flexion and / or the hand(s) and arm(s): generally, within a range of motion from the shoulder, or extension within a range of motion to the shoulder.
Turning, twisting, contouring, or flexing the torso in any direction towards the right or left.
Other Special Requirements and Advantages:
- Competent reading, writing, and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions, high
Precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat.
- Weekend Work
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.