Engineering Document Controller
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a controlled system of incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation and must have the ability to understand workflow processes and create tracking and controls to support. This includes status tracking/expediting of documentation, including deviations that are controlled and traceable
The Engineering Document Controller has the below functional responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for developing, managing and maintaining the document control systems for all projects/programs.
- Ability to create a document numerical system, filing of documentation, and gatekeeping of review/control packages.
- Gathers, electronically logs, and distributes various engineering documents. Maintains established files of drawings and correspondence. Logs and routes interdisciplinary checks and supplier data.
- Create and maintain distribution matrices. Receives, logs and distributes all vendor documents according to the distribution matrix.
- Upload and download the documentation from client systems.
- Oversees central master file and field office files for all incoming and outgoing documents
- Interface with project personnel and clients and work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Ensure project document control standards and issued documentation meets the contract requirements
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability
- Communication with multiple disciplines
- Evaluates existing document management systems and procedures in order to streamline the effectiveness
- Assists in creating new policies and procedures that deal with document storage, sharing, sending, and destruction.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Document Control
- Advanced level MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Experience with engineering, architectural, and construction documents (i.e., maps, drawings, technical specifications, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and understanding of technical terminology
- U.S. Citizenship
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, and shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve the Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.