Production Engineering Platform Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for designs of significant scope and impact. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success.
Production Engineering Platform Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must understand design platforms utilized by Swiftships and understand prudent incorporation of correct components, materials, and standards in both functional and detail design efforts
- Must understand industry standards for types and applications of engineering drawings
- Must have strong knowledge of software applications, their cross functionalities and integration potentials
- Monitors, reviews, approves and makes available all library components and areas of model work
- Utilizes best practice measures and provides expert technical guidance for design activities and initiatives
- Ensures all activities are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives
- Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output
- Direct modeling efforts for vessels under construction, incorporates verified vendor technical documentation and OEM approved installation requirements
- Reviews and distributes design notices related to modifications and documentation required
- Optimizes design activities in support of production
- Organizes, maintains and develops engineering software protocols to enhance production support and optimize department efficiencies.
- Mentors designers to develop world class design output
- Assist procurement and AX team by delivering BOM’s in the system, that are prudent for RFQ’s and RFI’s
- Assist BD team in responding to RFP’s, and RFI’s
- Travel to conferences and trade shows
- A BS Degree from an accredited university in an engineering field
- A Master’s Degree in an engineering fields (highly preferred)
- Ability to escalate problems to the right individuals for any technical or managerial support needed for resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork
- Strong oral and written communication skills across organizational structures and multiple management levels
- A proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.