Quality Assurance Inspector (Welding)
As an integral member of the Swift team, you will be tasked as an Inspector for the Quality Assurance Department. In performing the responsibilities outlined below, this position will be responsible for inspections of all systems on vessels such as welding/fitting and piping, as well as general construction and repair work of all vessels.
Key responsibilities (KPIs) include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in maintaining quality management systems
- Support QA Manager as well as QA Specialist in assuring that all risk factors have been assessed
- Help write and edit Welding Procedures for the QA Dept. needed for contract requirements.
- Ensure that all Quality standards are being followed
- Establish effective quality control plans as per contractors to ensure clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards. Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process. Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
- Plan and coordinate quality assurance inspections with customers and 3rd party inspectors as required
- Supervise work of service providers that fall under any Quality Assurance functions
- Observe and document any testing required by contractual agreement between Swift and any customer or other inspection agency
- Review and approve documentation reports, contractor audits and any other official paperwork deemed as final records
- Perform in-house and vendor audits for conformance to customer requirements and Quality and Industry standards
- Education: Associates Degree in Engineering of any discipline of 5 or more years’ experience in the Quality Assurance or associated Fields
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001 and its principles
- Well versed with Welding Procedures, NDE Procedures and other test procedures and plans
- Understanding of electrical procedures, mechanical/piping/structural etc., drawings and standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Partner closely with various levels of management, vendors and staff to support and grow the business and ensure adherence to the industry-standard and best practices
- Create, communicate, and execute strategic initiatives across a complex and expanding organization
- QA Manager
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.