The Senior Program Manager (PM) is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more departmental units, including Engineering, Procurement or Purchasing, Quality Assurance (QA), Logistics, and Production to name a few. This also includes management of issues, risks and program change requests to ensure successful and on-time program delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving program delivery.
The Senior PM has the authority to run the program on a day-to-day basis with full control over all resources to successfully provide the products required of the program to the customer. Verify that the program produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to create an effective technical team to resolve shipbuilding engineering and production issues
- Provide leadership for team building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and program milestones
- Demonstrate a proficiency in using MS Project including building tasks with predecessor and successor relationships from start to finish, creating milestones and a critical path
- Provide continuous improvement of operations including on time and budget milestone delivery
- Meet with and receive feedback from program stakeholders internally and from subcontractors and vendors on an ongoing basis
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program team
- Prepare reports as required on periodic customer meetings
- Deliver all Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) specified in the contract on time
- Provide daily interface with the customer, both civilian and military personnel along with Government Contractor Support personnel
- Clearly document and provide MS PowerPoint presentations on program status
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Maintain program plans including: budget, staffing/man-power resource plan, an integrated master schedule, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals of the program
- Document using SharePoint and MS Dynamics AX in the performance of day-to-day activities
- Manage changes in program scope, identifying issues and develop of risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Interface with technical regulatory bodies, e.g. ABS, USCG, etc. as needed to ensure compliance with program requirements
- Monitor daily activities of production and associated subcontractor or vendor performance
- Interview and be involved in selection, training and managing program team staff (as required)
- Oversee subcontractors and vendors assigned to shipyard departments in the performance of the program
- A BS degree from an accredited university in an engineering field
- A Master’s Degree in an engineering or scientific field is preferable but not required.
- Working on US Government Contracts – Must
- Working on contracts with the United States Navy – Must
- Possess a mid-level understanding of core concepts of design engineering and shipbuilding
- Ability to escalate problems to the right individuals for any technical or managerial support needed for resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork
- Strong oral and written communication skills across organizational structures and multiple management levels
- A proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Be prepared to go on long distance travel from time to time
- Be responsible for mentoring and training junior program staff as time permits during program execution
- Show flexibility in working weekends and long-hours daily
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.