Product Support Manager
In this role, you will lead the Product Support and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) efforts included in large projects of significant scope. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and to provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success. You will participate with operation teams, foremen, and management teams. As a single point of contact between operations and management teams, you will negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing tasks and personnel to create an effective technical team to resolve all elements of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) as recognized by the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Planning and executing all ILS elements during system design, production and deployment of the vessel
- Serving as the sole focal point for all matters regarding ILS towards the customer as well as within the internal program functions and to subcontractors providing ILS support functions
- Managing all aspects of any subcontractor providing ILS element or Product Support functions
- Working closely with the Engineering and Procurement Departments in the identification and sourcing of supportable equipment for installation on the vessel
- Working closely with the Engineering and Project Management Departments in the identification of all technical documentation required for the operation and maintenance of equipment identified or at a minimum, all Technical Data Package (TDP) documents required by the contract.
- Working with and managing ILS teams (both internal and subcontractors) in producing, submitting and adjudicating comments against common USN product support related CDRLs, including but not limited to Logistics Configuration Baseline (LCB), RCM Corrective Maintenance Development Report, Planned Maintenance System (PMS) Maintenance Requirement Card (MRC), Planned Maintenance System (PMS) Maintenance Index Page (MIP), Interactive Computer Aided Provisioning System (ICAPS), Calibration and Measurement Requirements Summary (CMRS), Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS), Outfitting, Provisioning Parts List, Engineering Data for Provisioning, Craft Level Provisioning Parts List (CLPPL), Support and Test Equipment List (STEL), IUID Candidate Listing, Allowance Material Status Report & Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Maintenance Requirement Index (MRI).
- Working closely with the Procurement Department to ensure all technical documentation required from vendors to support the equipment procured is identified on the respective Purchase Orders (PO)
- Working directly with vendors to ensure sufficient and accurate data is acquired to support the equipment and data package compilation.
- Managing the program contract support concept and develop and execute the ILS plan and milestones delineated
- Supporting program needs with IUID entry, submittal and Military system access.
- Providing direct interface with National Stock System (NSN) where it can be used to support data package compilation and accuracy
- Interfacing with senior Department of Defense (DOD) civilian and military personnel
- Clearly documenting and presenting findings to include creation of diagrams and procedure documentation
- Communicating effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Identifying, analyzing and defining program requirements and scope
- Defining, acquiring, and allocating staff and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives of the program
- Participating in the identification of all Product Support or ILS tasks and working with the Master Scheduler for inclusion in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Identifying and managing the Product Support and ILS product deliverable critical path
- Directly participating in the development of project plans, including testing, and warranty support
- Providing leadership with other technical teams in the expansion and continuous improvement of operations and on-time and on budget milestone delivery
- Identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the Product Support and ILS team
- Conducting technical research for outdated or hard-to-obtain materials utilizing Internet and technical publications, as required, to identify and source required material
- Proactively managing changes in project scope through identifying issues and devise contingency plans
- Developing periodic, e.g. daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reviews and reports as required by the contract and as directed by the Program Manager
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others internally and externally
- Hands-on experience in working Acquisition program areas with the US Navy
- Possess a mid-level understanding of core concepts of shipbuilding and ship repair (all-phases)
- Ability to escalate problems for any technical support needed for resolution of problems
- Proficient in managing all aspects of supply support, maintenance, technical documentation and training tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork
- Proficiency with MS Office and other project management tools
- Previous USN or Civil Service experience preferred
- Periodic long distance and local travel
- Training required to be proficient every year in tools such as: ERP, office suite and other pertinent tools required in the performance of the position
- Flexible in working weekends, and long-hours beyond the normal eight (8) hours per day
- Bachelor’s degree, Professional Logistics Certification, i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA), certified in Lifecycle (Acquisition) Logistics Level 3, have equivalent logistics training, or possess an additional fifteen (15) years working in direct support of defense logistics
- 8-10 years of experience in defense lifecycle (acquisition) logistics support (or 15 years if not DAWIA Level 3 certified) of electronic systems, including logistics management, principles, practices, and processes
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.