In this role, you will be responsible for designs of significant scope and impact. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success.
The Piping Designer’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Must understand piping system components, materials, and standards to develop complete and accurate piping system drawings, from one-line schematics to two-line production drawings.
- Must understand industry standards for types and applications of engineering drawings.
- Must have strong knowledge of AutoCAD software applications, with ShipConstructor experience, and their cross functionalities and integration potentials.
- Plans and directs all aspects of piping system design activities for projects – KPI
- Monitors, reviews and approves all piping system designs, and ensures compliance with specifications and regulatory requirements – KPI
- Utilizes best practice measures and provides expert technical guidance for design activities and initiatives – KPI
- Ensures all activities are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives – KPI
- Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output – KPI
- Develops system designs for vessels under construction: liaise with vendors for technical documentation and OEM approved installation requirements; also support design solutions on warranty issues – KPI
- Reviews and distributes design notices related to modifications and documentation required in drawings – KPI
- Optimizes design activities in support of production – KPI
- Assist procurement and AX team by delivering BOM’s in the system, that are prudent for RFQ’s and RFI’s
- Assist BD team in responding to RFP’s, and RFI’sTravel to conferences and trade show
Technical competencies, skills and experience required:
- Associates degree in drafting design or equivalent experience required. In addition, five to seven years drafting experience are preferred
- Drafting and design skills with marine vessels and all associated systems
- Proficient computer skills, including AutoCAD, Windows, and Office products. Ship Constructor skills are preferred
- Mechanical and technical skills and knowledge
- U.S. Citizenship
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefits packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.