Swiftships is seeking for a Piping/CAD Designer for the creation of structural and system designs, and engineering drawings for our vessels. You will be an integral member of the Swift team, working with engineering department in development of vessels’ systems drawings and designs, and assuring all is accordingly to client’s specifications.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Capable of reading and comprehending boat construction drawings, and identify construction components and elements
- Drafting using AutoCAD
- Assists primarily with design and layout of piping systems
- Provides drawing reviews to ensure tolerances and specifications are accurately captured
- Reviews drawings and client’s comments to ensure compliance with specifications and standards
- Review client specifications and appropriate standards/rules/regulations to ensure all requirements are incorporated into the design of piping systems
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Other duties as requested
In performing the responsibilities outlined above, this position will be responsible for completion of vessel systems drawings and designs as well as field walk-throughs and ensuring all as-built changes are captured.
Technical competencies, skills and experience required:
- Associates degree in drafting design or equivalent experience required. In addition, five to seven years drafting experience are preferred
- Drafting and design skills with marine vessels and all associated systems
- Proficient computer skills, including AutoCAD, Windows, and Office products. Ship Constructor skills are preferred
- Mechanical and technical skills and knowledge
- High attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Team working skills
- Able to work with limited supervision staying within the scheduled timeline
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Partner closely with all levels of Leadership and Staff to support and grow the business and ensure adherence to the industry-standard and best practices
- Create, communicate, and execute strategic initiatives across a complex and expanding organization
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.