Material Take-Off (MTO)
As an integral member of the Swift team, you will be tasked as a Material Take-Off for the bills of material for structure and systems on all vessels.
The main work location for this position will be in Morgan City, LA.
Some of the key position highlights are as follows:
- Capable of reading, comprehending boat construction drawings and identify construction components and elements.
- Familiar with industry material standards and item identification nomenclatures.
- Create Bills of Material (BOM’s) utilizing material list provided on drawing or schematic.
- Input verified BOM take offs into Swiftships’ Microsoft Dynamics AX system for pricing and procurement
- Communicating effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Partner closely with all levels of Leadership and Staff to support and grow the business and ensure adherence to the industry-standard and best practices
- Create, communicate, and execute strategic initiatives across a complex and expanding organization
In performing the responsibilities outlined above, this position will be responsible for the preparation and completion of accurate BOMs within the AX system on a timely basis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills across organizational structures and multiple management levels
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.