TRUST IS BUILT WITH EXPERIENCE
Swiftships has always been driven by innovation, function and excellence of the time. Our original vision: “To create heavy duty long lasting steel and aluminum vessels for commercial and military applications”.
Swifthips business strategy was built on the belief in long-term relationship with the clients. We always strived to provide governments, navies and commercial customers with the most advantageous solutions and we earned their trust.
• Sewart Machine Works, Swiftships’ predecessor, was founded in 1942 by Fred Sewart that at the tail end of WWII was renamed to Sewart Seacraft.
• Founder’s vision was to create a ship with an aluminum hull that excelled in shallow water military engagements.
• Prior vessel designs for shallow waters were either slow or wooden, leaving a large gap in US naval capability for effective inland water navigation.
• Swiftships became a key supplier of “Swift Boats” to the US Navy during the Vietnam War.
• The mission objective of the Swift Boat was to provide the Navy with a fast boat that could patrol the many miles of river shores for enemy soldiers − The Swiftships’ Patrol Boat allowed navigation of short river channels that were inaccessible to most small boat designs at the time.
• Swiftships delivered 193 patrol boats to the US Navy throughout the conflict, creating a reputation as an excellent and trusted supplier of shallow water hulls.
• Swiftships began its expansions in 1979 and build six with different specializations from aluminum fabrication through construction of supply vessels, large oceangoing barges, utility boats, crew boats and specialty vessels.
• The company opened shipyards in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas, and joint venture operations in Singapore.
Swiftships started international operations in early 50’s, serving commercial clients…