Swiftships has been a military and commercial vessel manufacturer since 1969. Swiftships’ delivery to all branches of the U.S. military, commercial/private companies, and 52 foreign countries has established Swiftships’ recognition as a leader in the shipbuilding industry today. U.S. Navy approved and ISO certified, Swiftships’ American quality build and innovative designs are the envy of the industry; its unique capabilities are designed to meet the real-world requirements and applications not only to the United States, but countless governments across the globe. www.swiftships.com
In this role, you will lead large projects of significant scope and impact. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success. You will manage multiple projects and priorities and participate with operation teams, foremen, and management teams. As a single point of contact between operations and management teams, you will negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
The Project Manager shall execute the following responsibilities at a minimum:
- Manage tasks and personnel to create an effective technical team to resolve ship repair design/engineering and production issues
- Assist the Program Manager in the selection of other project team members or critical subcontractors and suppliers
- Develop program dashboards using EV principles, and further make recommendations to make the program effective through best practice implementations aligned with the ship building and repair industry
- Interface with senior US Army civilian and military personnel
- Clearly document and present findings to include creation of diagrams and procedure documentation
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Identify, analyze and define project/program requirements and scope
- Tracking budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function
- Assist the Program Manager in the selection of other project team members by interviewing, selecting, and training to increase the pool of professionals required to provide superior work to the customer
- Develop and manage project plans and risk register for shipbuilding and repair tasks
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project team
- Assist the Program Manager in defining project goals and objectives that support company-wide business goals, while focusing on the customer’s needs and requirements
- Work closely with engineering and production in the design-to-cost process to develop and maintain rigorous cost estimates
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of schedules and vendor quality
- Oversee subcontractors and suppliers as assigned by the Program Manager
- Strong oral and written communication skills across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
- Possess a mid-level understanding of core concepts of ship repair.
- Ability to escalate problems to the right individuals for any technical or managerial support needed for resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork.
- B.S. degree in a technical field or 20 years’ experience on the job.
- Long distance travel may be required from time to time.
- Mentor and train junior program staff as required during program roll-out.
- Desire for continuing training for proficiency in tools such as: MS Office, MS Dynamics AX, MS Project and other pertinent tools as required.