HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
Permanent position with benefits in Morgan City, Louisiana.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for providing the day-to-day HR needs for our managers/employees, as well as for maintaining Human Resources databases, systems, and records. You will be part of a growing company where you will have the opportunity to influence the future of the HR department.
- Calculates and provides staff with annual fringe benefit allowance; reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with third-party administrator.
- Ensures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments.
- Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Reviews ACA 1095 Forms for Accuracy Annually.
- Various benefit sites, such as United Health Care, Vision, Dental, etc.
Human resource function
- Assisting the recruiting department with reference checks, or security processing for potential new hires.
- Conducting New Hire Orientation explaining all company policies, benefits, and procedures to new employees and process all associated paperwork, including the I-9 verification process through E-Verify, our timekeeping system ADP, and other company systems.
- Must be able to stay in compliance with E-Verify, EEO, Vets 4212, Component 2 and 401K Audit.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Recording all new hires, promotions, terminations, etc. for our AAP/EEO.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee benefits, including enrolling, updating, and terminating employees and/or dependents as necessary. May be required to work with our insurance broker and HR Management to conduct an annual open enrollment for benefits.
- Recording information and answering questions about and for employees, which may include information about absences, or job performance. Providing information to financial companies, governmental agencies, or other institutions regarding workers of the company including confirmation of a person’s employment, payroll amounts, or insurance enrollment for employment verification or child support purposes.
- Responsible for processing any and all changes to employee’s personal identifiable information, including but not limited to changes in: employment type, citizenship status, address, salary, taxes, benefits, etc. Responsible for ensuring that the personnel files are following DOL and HIPPA regulations, and would pass an audit.
- May be required to develop HR training curriculum and teach courses about HR related subjects, such as Sexual Harassment Prevention, Timekeeping Adherence, etc.
- Assist payroll manager with tracking changes about: employment status, merit increases, tax withholding, direct deposit, address changes, garnishments/liens, benefits, etc.
- Processing terminations, including, but not limited to: conducting exit-interviews, managing COBRA benefits, responding to unemployment claims, archiving personnel files, updating company org chart, updating HR database, etc.
- May perform a variety of other administrative duties associated with performing the human resources generalist position.
- Resolving day-to-day and/or more complex issues for managers and/or employees with assistance from HR management.
- Employee relations
- Ethical practice