Swiftships has a diverse portfolio of services within both commercial and defense sector. Swiftships’ delivers projects to all branches of the U.S. military, commercial/private companies, and many foreign countries.
As an integral member of the Swiftships team, the Electrical Engineer will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of electrical engineering for both Military and Commercial Construction programs and/or Shipbuilding. Overall responsibilities, include but are not limited to researching, designing, developing, testing, or supervising the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. The Electrical Engineer will report directly to the Engineering manager and the Technical/Engineering Director.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, or topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, or domestic purposes.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential electrical engineering studies or projects.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
- Supervise or train project team members as necessary.
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized university in Electrical Engineering
- Previous shipbuilding experience is highly desired
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- A qualified candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD.
- It is preferred that the candidate be familiar with shipboard Interior Communications systems such as Switchboards, Telephone systems, Announcing, TV and Audio, Alarms, Indicating, etc. and understand the typical shipboard interfaces, interconnections, and integration requirements.
- Familiarity with electrical power distribution systems, control systems, and C4ISR systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.