As an integral member of the Swift team, you will be tasked as a Warehouse Specialist responsible for shipping and receiving of materials fulfilling orders, packaging items for shipment and arranging delivery pickups. This involves the loading of materials and products as well as verifying the quantity of items received against purchase orders. You will be required to update the Swiftships Dynamix AX system and track all material entering and leaving the warehouse. You will monitor inventory levels and notify Warehouse Manager of and deficiencies or inaccuracies.
Key responsibilities (KPIs) include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the receiving process
- Perform cycle counts
- Replenish flow line materials and receive completed devices
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, report any damage to supervisors
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock
- Performs other related duties as required
- Transact inventory movements using inventory control System
- Fill independent demands for material requisitions
- Reports problems to supervisor
- Keeps area safe, clean and organized
- Unload items to be stocked in warehouses and or storage yards
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this position
- Education: High School Diploma
- Understanding large-scale organization systems
- Knowing inventory control systems
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
Involves exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work
PRESENCE AND/OR FREQUENCY OF OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Forward flexion and/or the hand(s) and arm(s): generally, within a range of motion from the shoulder, or extension within a range of motion to the shoulder.
Reaching above the shoulder:
Forward flexion and/or abduction of the hand(s) and arm(s); generally, at greater than 90◦ from the shoulder.
Turning, twisting, contouring, or flexing the torso in any direction towards the right or left.
Repetitive moments of elbows (handling):
Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hands using the whole arm.
Repetitive movements of wrists (fingering):
Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers and wrists rather than the whole arm as in handling.
Bending legs at knees to come rest on knee or knees
Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine
Ascending and descending ladder, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
- Meeting physical requirements, such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods
- Knowing Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel
- Forklift experience highly desirable, or must become forklift certified within 30 days of employment
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.