In this role of Project Manager (PM), you will lead large projects of significant scope and impact. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success. You will manage multiple projects and priorities and participate with operation teams, foremen, and management teams. As a single point of contact between operations and management teams, you will negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with outside vendors and contractors.
Key responsibilities (KPIs) include, but are not limited to:
- Manage tasks and personnel to create an effective technical team to resolve ship repair design/engineering and production issues
- Assist the Program Manager in the selection of other project team members or critical subcontractors and suppliers
- Develop program dashboards using EV principles, and further make recommendations to make the program effective through best practice implementations aligned with the ship building and repair industry
- Interface with senior US Army civilian and military personnel
- Clearly document and present findings to include creation of diagrams and procedure documentation
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Identify, analyze and define project/program requirements and scope
- Tracking budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function
- Assist the Program Manager in the selection of other project team members by interviewing, selecting, and training to increase the pool of professionals required to provide superior work to the customer
- Develop and manage project plans and risk register for shipbuilding and repair tasks
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project team
- Assist the Program Manager in defining project goals and objectives that support company-wide business goals, while focusing on the customer’s needs and requirements
- Work closely with engineering and production in the design-to-cost process to develop and maintain rigorous cost estimates
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of schedules and vendor quality
- Oversee subcontractors and suppliers as assigned by the Program Manager
- B.S. degree in a technical field or 20 years’ experience on the job
- Strong oral and written communication skills across organizational structures and multiple management levels
- Possess a mid-level understanding of core concepts of ship repair
- Ability to escalate problems to the right individuals for any technical or managerial support needed for resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork
- Long distance travel may be required from time to time
- Mentor and train junior program staff as required during program roll-out
- Desire for continuing training for proficiency in tools such as: MS Office, MS Dynamics AX, MS Project and other pertinent tools as required
- Flexibility in working weekends and long-hours daily
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.