We are seeking a Project Engineer, who will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining the status of the Engineering Department design efforts and third party technical contributors with the Project Management, Production, Purchasing and other Swiftships’ departments, as necessary.
The Project Engineer is integral to the success of projects and must be able to understand and convey projects’ engineering scopes of work and schedules. The Project Engineer, in support of the project schedule, develops, in coordination with design and engineering management, task-based schedule of deliverables, including deliverables from technical partners.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guides engineering department efforts by conveying project technical needs and timelines and tracks and reports the status of the project deliverables
- Works with engineering and design teams to prioritize services
- Works with a project management and production departments to understand their needs and timelines
- Coordinates with regulatory bodies to ensure technical documentation requirements are targeted and submitted accordingly to requirements
- Interacts with a project management to give status updates as necessary
- Assures that releases and changes are done in accordance to internal and external compliance requirements
- Enter and edit job information along with detailed notes within internal systems
- Resolve Engineering questions with other departments
- Compiles and maintains control of records and related files to release drawings and engineering documents to manufacturing and other departments:
- Support the accuracy of the computerized Bills of Material
- Resolves discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents
- Posts changes to computerized or manual control records, releases documents, and notifies affected departments
- Assures that contractual delivery requirements for engineering documents are met
- Manages the process for engineering documentation retention in a historical retrievable, secured manner
- Assists in the development and maintenance of procedures
- Attends meetings as engineering representative, where needed
- May prepare requests for reproduction of documents
- Prepares status reports and memorandums as required
- Receives, logs, controls, and tracks the delivered services of the engineering team
- Perform special assignments as required
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Project management and supervision skills
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Engineering Manager
- US Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization is required
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.