As an integral member of the Swiftships team, the Marine Engineer will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of marine engineering for both Military and Commercial Construction programs and/or Shipbuilding.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guides engineering department efforts by conveying project technical needs and schedules. Tracks and reports the status of the project deliverables
- Knowledge of USCG, ABS, DNV, IMO, ASTM and other relevant standards
- Works with project management and production to understand their needs and timelines
- Coordinates with regulatory bodies to ensure technical documentation requirements are targeted and delivered
- 3D Modeling of hull forms
- Development and execution of required scantling and systems calculations
- Guidance in the development of arrangements, structures and systems drawings
- Critical review of designs, specifications, and drawings for compliance with all contractual requirements
- Preparing and coordinating the delivery of accurate weight estimates, trim & stability booklets, seakeeping reports, etc.
- Assures that contractual delivery requirements for engineering documentation is met by receiving, logging, controlling, and tracking the delivered services of the engineering team.
- Interacts with project management to give status updates as necessary
- Assures that releases and changes are done in accordance to internal and external compliance requirements
- Assists in the development and maintenance of procedures
Attend meetings as engineering representative, as required
- Bachelor Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from ABET accredited curriculum
- Five (5) + years of experience in ship design and production engineering
- Proficiency in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) applications, both 2D and 3D
- Appreciation of information required to build vessels, flow for properly supporting end users and eagerness to learn in a rapid paced environment
- Effective writing and speaking skills
- Fluency in the use of the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.