- Takes applications, documents them and finds out if the company is hiring for certain positions
- Onboarding and termination processes
- Assists with employees that may have questions or changes with their taxes, employee benefits, vacation days, personal days
- Main POC for employee HR inquiries within the office
- Notifies HR Generalist of employee appointments and assists in scheduling of appointments
- Filters through benefits invoices to ensure that all employees that are on the plans on listed on the invoice; makes any changes that need to be made; scans and emails to the Accounts Payable
- Responsible for keeping all attendance, tardy, absent, vacation and personal days
- Ensures that all personnel folders and employee handbooks are made in advance and kept ready to be used
- Assists HR Generalist with preparing applicants for physicals or completing the hiring process
- Assists in enrolling employees for their benefits and will document the employees that enroll in the benefits and file the enrollment forms where needed
- Ensures that all relevant files are filed in the employees’ personnel folders and that all benefit forms are filed
- Any other duties as assigned by the HR Generalist
High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical school course work and minimum of three years of job-related experience, preferably in a human resource department; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have experience using an HRIS
- Must have at minimum assisted with payroll
- Must have knowledge of benefits
- Must have good communication skills, customer service, and maintain confidentiality
- Must have strong computer and database application skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift about 50 lbs.
What we Offer
We offer you competitive salary and benefit packages with good career development opportunities. At Swiftships, we recognize the value of every employee. Your ideas can take root among a talented team of successful leaders and high achievers – dedicated to excellence, passionate about results, and committed to impact and growth. You will find great opportunities to grow, advance your knowledge, and acquire and cultivate your skills for a bright and successful future. We are committed to creating a safe work environment where everyone is respected and valued.
Swiftships is trusted to provide high-end solutions critical to multi-domain distributed maritime operations, well aligned with future U.S. Navy and Department of Defense modernization and readiness priorities. With experience in all aspects of engineering, shipbuilding and with the ability to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for different vessel types, Swiftships stands as a complete solution provider to the client.
Since our establishment in 1942, Swiftships was known in the market for bringing innovative and effective solutions to offer end-to-end shipbuilding, testing and delivery services for new vessels, complemented by hands-on training and vessel’s lifecycle sustainment support. Our clients book includes Navies and Maritime customers from 53 countries. Our current geographical focus is North America and AMEA, and we predominantly serve Department of Defense, Navies and Army operations, as a prime or sub.